Equipment Rack

Does it make sense to spend several thousands of dollars on a equipment rack, if Stillpoints are used under every component?
ricred1
agear - you observe

Since no one in the Audiogon ecosystem appears to be using your products
Fact is Geoff is not the only proponent of spring based isolation from subsonic vibration and I along with many well regarded reviewers and experts are getting great results from the current Townshend kit. Your attempts to dismiss his emphasis on the need to deal with the vibrations impinging on our systems as well as those generated within them are unhelpful. Remember this entire debate was triggered by a manufacturers assertion that his carefully shaped spike would reject seismic interference, an assertion he has been unable to provide any evidence for

ps for those with good memories Machina Dynamica spring based platforms were highly desirable and much sought after back in the day on Vinyl Asylum, I'm sorry I did not get the chance to acquire one when they were available
Geoff

There are waveforms and portions of waveforms that your methods do not account for but they do alter. Your methods directly eliminate portions of these waveforms that are crucial to how a speaker diaphragm works, operates and makes sound. It is all text book, you just haven't compiled the data. I thought you were much faster. Tom
Agear wrote,

"Diversionary answer. LIGO is irrelevant. How about a cheap bedspring for a violin endpin? Now that would make the music come to life."

LIGO this the most sensitive physics experiment in history! the gravity waves which it detected finally last year had amplitude the diameter of a neutron. If LIGO uses springs as opposed to some cones or spikes or other coupling devices then springs are require to achieve the experiment objectives.

agear also wrote,

"Since no one in the Audiogon ecosystem appears to be using your products, how about a pic of your own system unless of course its a lonely walkman as Monsieur Greene insinuated."

I have already stated many times I’m using a portable Sony Walkman CD player and Sony Walkman cassette player for my sources. Are you dense or just pretending to be dense? Hel-loo! I'm certainly not trying to hide it, on the contrary. Duh! Besides, Michael Green is a big proponent of low mass audio systems. He’s just jealous that mine is the lowest mass system around at only 10 ounces and much lower mass than anything he has been able to come up with.
theaudiotweak
1,364 posts
09-15-2016 5:16pm
Geoff

There are waveforms and portions of waveforms that your methods do not account for but they do alter. Your methods directly eliminate portions of these waveforms that are crucial to how a speaker diaphragm works, operates and makes sound. It is all text book, you just haven't compiled the data. I thought you were much faster. Tom

Let's see, what was that Jethro Tull album? Oh, yeah, Thick as a Brick.

Are you referencing the velocity of sound thru a brick or its shear velocity. Of course that would depend on the size and dispersion of its various solids. Tom