Equipment Rack

Does it make sense to spend several thousands of dollars on a equipment rack, if Stillpoints are used under every component?
ricred1
Geoff,

Please list and explain what specific wave form types your products are designed to encounter and deal with..People other than yourself may wish to be informed.

Thanks in advance. Tom
theaudiotweak
1,361 posts
09-14-2016 3:47pm
Geoff,

Please list and explain what specific wave form types your products are designed to encounter and deal with..People other than yourself may wish to be informed.

Thanks in advance. Tom

tom, I think the boat has sailed already as far as my trying to explain vibration isolation. I have already explained myself numerous times. Prior to asking repeatedly to explain myself it seems only fair for you and anyone else who’s not caught up on the while vibration isolation thing, which was introduced to audiophiles twenty years ago, to at least look into what it is and specifically what seismic type vibrations I’m referring to and how specifically mass-on-spring systems perform to mitigate the sesmic type vibrations I’m referring to, I.e., the ones that make the entire building shake, not only up and down but side to side and in the three rotational directions as well.

I can certainly recommend Shannon Dickson’s milestone article in Stereophile magazine twenty years ago, Bad Vibes, in which he provides an excellent overview of vibration isolation and describes the operation of the then new iso stand, the Vibraplane.

http://www.stereophile.com/reference/52/#zFHyvMoSslRuhvcm.97

cheers,

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica

ps when you say people other than yourself may wish to be informed, I can certainly sympathize with that sentiment, I wish others would wish to be informed also. ;-)

agear
1,125 posts
09-14-2016 3:06pm
That’s why my spring based systems have been and are in some of best systems extant.
Please provide pictures or links to said systems.

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina16.htm

cheers,

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica

Geoff, those images are from 2002. As you intonated earlier, things have moved on. I have perused a majority of the virtual systems on this site, and your springs are no where to be found.