Shopping for an integrated, advice s'il vous plait.

Some time ago I decided to upgrade my stereo and spent virtually my entire budget on speakers (no regrets), tacking on a Harman HK3490 as an afterthought. Well, it recently bit the dust for no apparent reason. It was only $260 and gave me 5 years of almost daily service, so I'm not too mad. Unfortunately there's nothing comparable on the market at that price, adjusted for inflation. The closest thing I could find was the Yamaha A-S801, but it appears to have the same build quality as my previous receiver. I'm not sure I'm comfortable spending close to $1k on something with disposable quality, so I've been assessing my options within my budget ($1500 max). Looking for an analog integrated with quality components and construction that will last me at least 10 years. So far I've narrowed my options down to:

Yamaha a-s1000 (new)
or
Vintage i.e. Yamaha ca-2010, Sansui au-717, Pioneer sa-9500 ii etc. 

My only problem with vintage is that it seems to take many months of waiting before a deal comes up on the model you want. I see a fully recapped and restored au-717 recently went on eBay for less than $700. Probably not gonna find a deal like that in the next year, if ever. 

TL;DR Would like thy esteemed opinions to vet my purchase of a Yamaha a-s1000. 

unknoahble
I didn't realize this would be a referendum on Yamaha I have no particular issues with the brand nor have I heard the AS-1000.  I just think Marantz makes great high quality amps and that looks like a very good deal a $2100 integrated for $895 and less than the OP's stated budget.
No issues with your statement a few posts back.  I was just curious and no doubt $895 for that Marantz is a great deal.  

Bill
How about this Marantz PM-15SI for $895?
As a Marantz PM15S2 owner, the above is an outstanding deal.  There are very few vintage receivers/amps that could compete with this unit - built at Marantz' reference factory in Japan, 80 wpc continuous into 8 ohms/120 wpc continuous into 4 ohms, nealy 40 lbs.  This is not the disposable amplifier that you fear.  It is more of an heirloom amp that will be with you a long time.

Whichever way you go, make sure the amp you buy is 4 ohm continuously rated across the entire frequency spectrum.  You never know what speakers you may end up with and a 4 ohm rated amp will be ready to drive many out there.  4 Ohm ratings across the entire frequency range  is something that most vintage amps were not.   Most speakers back in the day were a more easier 8 ohm load to drive.  Good luck!
A second recommendation for the Rogue audio Sphinx version 2. I am a dealer and would be very happy to help you if you have nobody local. The Sphinx v2  will operate and give you excellent sound for a long long time to come.
It seems that the vintage stuff fans are quick to mention their favorite unit's:
  1. Weight, which seems to be somehow related to build quality (?)
  2. Maximal power output
  3. How low of an impedance it can drive
Funny - these parameters never influenced my choice of audio gear.
** See an interesting, (partly) related story: https://goo.gl/5Lqk7f **
..... Beats me.....  :-)