Songs Faber Olympica III

Just got a pair of these speakers. I’ll be setting them up tonight. Hoping that I can benefit from the accumulated wisdom here...

Any tips from current owners? Setup, positioning, burn-in (although mine were previously owned, so burn-in shouldn’t be an issue), spikes versus no spikes (mine are on hardwood floors in the basement, meaning there's a concrete slab underneath), etc.

(I do know that I have the choice of positioning them so that the ports will either face outward or inward, and I glean from reviews that I should try it both ways to see what sounds best in my room.)

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
chipcarterdc
Thanks for all your responses!

FYI, I started with the ports facing outward just because that's how they happened to be arranged when I brought them downstairs to the listening room.  I plan to leave them this way for a couple of days; then switch to having them facing inward; then see which way sounds best.  Anything in particular I should be looking for in terms of how inward v outward would affect the sound?

Note that my listening room is pretty compact, so they're currently about two feet our from the front wall and two feet from each side wall. 

Also, a question: did yours come with different height spikes? The instructions say the smaller spikes should be place in the rear and the larger spikes in the front, in order to give the speakers a slight upward tilt.  However, my spikes are all exactly the same size...
Yes,the cones/spikes should be different lengths as you stated.Shorter ones rear and longer ones front. Seems odd you received all the same length seeing the speakers were designed to upslope rearward...
Check spike length for  both speakers; could be one speaker has all the short spikes, the other all the long ones. 

Speaking of long, I am really longing for a pair of olympicas to replace my Cremonas.
Nice thread, as I am considering replacing my aging Legacy Signature IIs with the Olympica IIIs.  Having read numerous reviews on the Olympica IIIs, I am hopeful that they may offer the sort of music/home theater "jack of all trades" performance I am looking for.  I do listen to a lot of high resolution music, but actually spend more time watching movies.  The only possible drawback is that they do not dig deep in the bass like my Legacys, but the reviews state that they do move lots of air down to 35Hz.  I do wonder if anyone has compared the sound of the new Legacy Focus SE to the Olympica IIIs.