Is it idiotic to stack an amp and tuner directly on top of a CD player?

Would it be idiotic to place a very heavy and solid Electrocompaniet CD player directly underneath a heavy vintage Accuphase integrated amp and tuner? Would the vibrations degrade the CD player performance, or would the weight mitigate that issue to a large extent?

The amp runs quite warm, so I'd rather it be on top.

Also, if it is an obvious mistake, are there any stand-alone isolation shelves, or other work-arounds, that would look nice, and wouldn't cost a small fortune?

Thanks for your input!

Tony
whipsaw
@whipsaw I am a little confused by your original cd player on bottom proposal because isn't the EMC-1UP a top loader? And I would be wary of putting anything on top of your Accuphase if it's a class A amp it really needs adequate ventilation.
Gottasay, since you've got good gear AND experience with Salamander and Herbie's product, it seems like you already know the answer!;)
@jond

The EMC is a top-loader, but the loading area is recessed a bit, and there would be adequate room to load and unload CDs. The roof above the platter slides in, and exposes it. And as there are two wide sections on either side of that mechanism, the feet of whatever is sitting on top would be well away from the moving parts.

The Accuphase that I am using is not a contemporary Class A, it is a (superb) vintage E-303x (class B or A/B, not sure which). It does run warm, though.
Correction in my post above, "no air vents to worry about with player on top of amp."

Meant to say, no air vents to worry about with amp on top of player.

Bill
@chazro 

I hear ya, but I thought that perhaps a single isolated shelf might solve the problem. And, having just pursued Salamder's site (it has been a while), it appears that I might be able to use one of their offerings for just that purpose. I'll contact them on Monday and see.