INTEGRA DHC-80.3 Surround Processor

I'm a 2-channel music guy, who is about to take the plunge into his first surround rig.

Based on the feature set and functionality that I desire, my local dealer has steered me toward Integra's 80.3 processor for the hub of this sytem.

I have no experience with surround processors or Integra and am looking for some general feedback.

Are Integra's processors reliable? Good Performers? Easy to use? Priced fairly?

I realize that the 80.3 is brand new, replacing the 80.2.

I'd love to hear from current or past owners of the 80.2, or any of Integra's processors/receivers.

In this $2500+/- price point, is the Integra processor a good investment?

If you've had problems or found other brands to be a ***significantly*** higher value, please chime in.

If owning an Integra processor or surround receiver has been a good experience, I'd love to hear that too.

Thank you.
barrelchief
I have a 50.1 receiver and find it really easy to use. My local hi fi store uses Integra for all of its home theater installations. I think they have a second layer of setup options for installers.
I just bought an Onkyo 5508 (it should arrive Tuesday) after about a year of research/auditioning/etc. After all that time, I concluded that Onkyo/Integra was my best choice, so that's one thumbs up for your decision.

I'd add that my application is currently 2 channel audio only, so the video side of the equation was much less important to me. The changes from the 80.2 to the 80.3 weren't particularly relevant to me, so the 80.2 was the better value in my case.

Since the Onkyo 5508 is basically an Integra 80.2 (with different cosmetics and minor internal tweaks to which I do not assign much value), that comparison does go pretty directly to your "significantly better value" question:

I priced out both units and found that the Onkyo will shave about $600 (call it 25%) off the cost of the 80.2 and, for me, that's significantly better value....than the 80.2 Don't know if the same can be said vis a vis the 80.3, once you've determined that that's a better choice than the 80.2 for you.

I also happen to prefer the look of the Onkyo, but that's obviously 100% personal preference.

Marty

PS You might want to drop an e-mail to A'goner KR4 (Kal Rubinson), who is a great resource for HT questions.
BTW,

I've had an Integra DTR 6.9 in my HT room for several years and it's been great sounding and 100% reliable.

Marty
What I have to say in general about the Integra 80.2 is that it is the standard-setter for (how shall I put this?) non-high-end processors. I have not used the 80.3 nor the Onkyo equivalents. All other general comments are in my columns about the 80.2:
http://forum.stereophile.com/content/music-round-49
http://forum.stereophile.com/content/music-round-50-0

Kal
I'm in the same boat. Kal's music in the round article says the Marantz AV7005 and the Integra DHC 80.2 were both similarly good sounding with both analog and digital sources. Differences seem to be that the integra 80.3 has audyssey xt32 and a different video processor (although I recall seeing something on avsforum that it is not a true 4K video processor??). Marantz has audyssey xt. I am trying to decide if the xt32 is worth the $950 difference in price.