HOLO Audio Spring DAC: Affordable discrete R2R Multibit Dac, could be a winner.

Many manufacturers are going back to R2R Multibit d/a conversion, a good portion of audiophiles are saying it sounds better than the cheaper d/a conversion of Delta Sigma, (1 bit), Bitstream, Saber. etc.
And it says it uses dual R2R’s Multibits to support DSD natively!!? 

Product Description:This new DAC.”Spring” is the first design of a new era, a milestone for HOLO Audio’s own Jeff Zhu. It’s a full discrete R2R type of audio decoder and does not have off the shelf-DAC chip! This is a bespoke custom-designed core DAC module and truly a breakthrough with technology for any DAC chip today. The Spring is here to achieve new heights, new dynamics and simply a full spectrum of audio to please the aural senses. This Dac has been called the poor mans Total Dac / MSB / Wavedream / Chord Dave Etc. It plays with the big boys.

https://kitsunehifi.com/product/springdacbase/

Looks amazing inside for $1,700. Schiit Yaggi better watch out!!!!

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Comments from Jeff Zhu :-

".....I can’t say it’s 1 or 2 DACs inside. Physically, it is 1 DAC module, but it works in 2 different modes. Each mode uses different part of the module and also shared some parts. Spring is a 24bit DAC, bit23 is msb (most significant bit) and bit0 is lsb (least significant bit). Yes, you are right, more bits can be used for digital volume control. But Spring is a pure DAC without digital volume. Actually digital volume is no match for a good resistor attenuator. That’s why we need a dedicated pre-amp, rather than use digital volume in a DAC....."
Jon,
My friend will audition the Spring DAC in his main system. It will be used with his Absolare Altius preamplifier. If I’m able to hear it in my system it will used with the Coincident Statement Line Stage. Either will most definitely reveal the innate sound character of this DAC.
Charles,
Hi Charles,
That is some setup that it will be tested in! I look forward to your combined thoughts on the sonic signature of the Holo. What may I ask is it up against?

Kind regards
Greg
Hello Greg, 
I had mentioned this in an earlier post. My friend has the Bricasti SE and I have the Yamamoto YDA-01a DAC. He uses a MAC computer set up and I use the P.S.Audio PWT.
Charles,