Looking to buy floor standing speakers in $1000 per speaker range.

Looking at Goldenears 700s. Intrigued by Ohm 1000's. Probably running older NAD 7225 PE. I would love to hear suggestions.
jlm51
jlm51
+5 for Vandersteen 1C.  Heard Doug Mcleod through them at Audio Connection.  He was right there in the room giving us our own personal performance.  I am a long term Vandersteen owner but never owned model 1s.  The 1C is a true musically satisfying audiophile speaker.  Tremendous value!

B&W Matrix Series II 803's are awfully good for very close to $1000 on eBay. 
I would give odds that if you spend $1,000 on new speakers, you will be upgrading from the NAD pretty soon. There are a lot of great speakers out there that would sound good with the 7225 PE, but it does limit your choices. I think you could get a nice receiver and speaker combo for that money or just a bit more. 

That being said, I have a pair of Boston Acoustic T-830s that I had connected to a 7250 PE that sounded very good. I wanted to try something with a more power after never having owned anything over 55 W in my life. Found a 100 W Rotel on fleabay, offered $225 which was accepted, and auctioned the 7250 for $260. It was a great improvement. A few months later I scored a pair of Canton Ergo 1002 DCs for $800 and a saxophone! Huge improvement!!! The 7250 probably could have driven them. Although they are rated at "6-8 Ohms" and lower sensitivity than the Bostons, they actually play louder than the Bostons at the same volume setting. Go figure!

While I was shopping for speakers, the other models I liked for under $1,000 were the SVS Prime towers. They sounded much more controlled i the bass than the Golden Ears or the SVS Ultras, to me. They have some chip/scratch models on sale as low as $300 each on their website under "Outlet" But they only come in black.

Another brand I was really interested in was Tekton. I just didn't have the courage to buy them unheard, despite the wonderful reviews. ELAC also gets a lot of good press. Vandersteens, of course, have a devoted following but NHT went out of business a few months ago. Unless someone has bought them. Last of the acoustic suspension manufactures, I believe. Sad.
Depends on what music you listen to, but I can vouch for Tekton. I was looking for a setup to run without a sub and the Pendragon go down to 20Hz. The Pendragon are big but to me they sound amazing on old school rock, and not to shabby on jazz. They have several different lines, smaller and bigger.
Listen to a pair of broken in KEF Q500. Excellent overall sound in a system with reasonable good electronics