So Long It's Been Good To Know Ya

I just saw an ad for a VPI controller called an ADS.  I went to VPI's website and discovered that no SDS was listed.....I suppose the ADS is to take the place of the SDS.
128x128stringreen
Interesting stanwal, I never tried using brass points on my SDS.
I wound up preferring the Walker Audio Motor Controller, which uses brass points and isolation/damping. Perhaps the SDS would have faired better had I tried using the brass points.
Here’s MY take.... I have a Superscoutmaster/rim drive, Classic platter, 3D arm. I found that spikes under the turntable made a very large difference for better. I put the motors however, on soft feet so that as the driving disc rotates, any out-of-roundness with the platter or the driving disc, is absorbed by the motor assembly. This is easily demonstrated by lightly touching the space between the motor assembly and turntable itself...I can feel the motor assembly moving back and forth. When I also put cones under the motors, there is more noise.  On another point....in MY system, cones, rods, marshmallows, upgraded power cord, etc., have any effect at all under my SDS.
I was using several VPIs and found changing the standard feet for brass made a good difference. Also I used small points under the motor after I removed the feet. I never had the nerve to try the rim drive. I didn't put anything under my SDS and don't remember using a different power cord.since it treats the power already I didn't think it would make any difference. I had a PS audio PPP but I don't think they recommended using them together. Forgive me I have had some memory loss. I was using Star Sound Technologies brass points. Disclaimer. I was a VPI dealer and a Star Sound also but no longer am.

I have spent 4 or 5 years being sick and switched to an LP 12 so my info is probably way out of date. I like the LP12 better but they are a lot more trouble and I spent a lot of money on upgrades. Not from Linn, their prices are absurd.