Looking for my first tube amplifier, help appreciated.

Greetings everybody, old school audio gear head here just deciding to begin the search for my first tube amplifier. I am running a Denon DN-A7100 preamp (xlr outputs), a Rotel RB981 on my Chane A3rx-c mains (8 ohm speakers crossed at 80hz), NAD 216 THX bridged on my JL Audio 13w3v3 8 ohm subwoofer in a sealed enclosure (also crossed at 80hz by the Denon).

I have over 300 gigs of wave file CD audio and enjoy everything from new rock to the Beatles.

I am looking to upgrade my system, of course one piece at a time, and really want to start with a tube amp. As a former guitarist I am a big fan of tube amplification so want to give it a whirl on my home stereo.

I was looking at the Audio Research VS60 but it doesn’t have XLR inputs. I enjoy high volumes so am trying to go with as much power as I can for my hard earned dollar. Yes, if money was no object I would drop 10k on a class A monster but that’s not gonna happen lol.

So I am hoping for some recommendations for a reliable and great sounding tube amplifier that has AT LEAST 50w per channel, has XLR inputs and is priced under $2000 on the used market. All recommendations are appreciated, thanks so much! Mike

128x128growboxguy
If the balanced inputs wont happen then I have to go back to the Audio Research VS60 for bang for the buck. Anybody else have other options in the sub $2k, 50w+ pc range?
Try saving up just a bit and go for a Rogue Audio Stereo 100.  They go for 3495  new and fit all of your criteria. 100 watts per channel, xlr inputs, both triode and ultralinear modes of opeation.  Killer sound and super reliable.
I'd think a used BAT VK-60 would be right in your wheelhouse, less than $2K and 60 wpc.
Caution: They do run quite hot.
ARC VT50. They don't come up for sale often because it's a great little amp for the money. Very musical amp.