What in the world is going on.....

My system cost about 75000 dollars or so.  I got the rave review LP of the new Paul Simon album.....sounded pretty lousy.  I listened to the included M3P download using AirPlay through my Denon receiver and Senheisser wireless earphones, and it sounded wonderful......   What in the world is that all about....
128x128stringreen
We did move far away from Paul Simon. " Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down ". Pretty well said.
Maybe George Cardas snuck in and changed all your cables to his while you were sleeping ! 
Frank Zappa pointed out that musicianship isn’t a "pushup contest" and he was right. Also, It's a well documented thing that the brilliant John McLaughlin was astonished and influenced by his friend Jimi Hendrix (as was pretty much anybody else around at the time), jammed with him in NYC, and when Miles asked him about Hendrix he took Miles to see the Monterrey Pop movie in 1969. Miles was also blown away by Hendrix…the rest, as they say, is history.
"This has been one of my complaints that as your system evolves (improves) some poor recordings sound worse "

eh?

surely, everything should sound better, no?