help a Die hard ANALOG guy choose a budget CDP

Price range is around 1,200 US. So far I have only considered the Oppo 105D. Current player is a Sony Playstation 1, which sounds better than it has any right to for $30. The player will be the lone source in a bedroom system. Integrated will be Heed Obelisk, small monitor speakers TBD.
fjn04
Thanks for the responses. First to address software. I have a quite a few Redbook CD’s that I would like to play. I am open to streaming, which of course, may contradict my post. The truth is, I’m pretty out of touch with digital. I’ve read several reviews from companies such as Halide, Burson, and of course, Oppo. What I took from them, and people I’ve talked to, is that Streaming (downloading) has better sound than a comparably priced CDP. I may have to make a decision between a CDP or a Streamer. Of course the Oppo would allow me to Stream, as well as spin CD’s. phil9624- I have a Panasonic Blu-Ray and Plasma TV in the bedroom. I would like to improve the video from Netflix, Blu-Rays.... But What I’m trying to figure out is, how much I’d sacrifice w/ the Oppo 105 from a pure audio standpoint. Coincidentally. the Oppo has a switch labeled PURE 2-Channel, which apparently improves the sound when the user is not doing video.
The marantz is very good at that price point. You may also want to consider the rotel player at a similar price. Cambridge audio also makes good value and sounding players
fossda mentions three companies known for their high value to price ratio. IMHO, the Marantz would be the most analog sounding not just for the linearity of its frequency response and smooth texture but also for the dynamics that so many digiphobes find lacking in the medium. I used to own a Rotel CD player. I bought it mostly in reaction to the crappy sounding player that preceded it. It was replaced ASAP because of a lack of dynamic involvement. Cambridge Audio again is high value but the sound flavor varies considerably from one model to the another within their line.
Post removed