Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Sorry Papa, I can only assume your check from SR is late and you're grumpy…this thread should continue in it's mindless and unfunny worship of overpriced pseudo tweaks any time now...
davidpritchard
487 posts
08-05-2016 10:01pm

I wish everyone and his brother and their dealers offered 30 day or 60 day returns on their fuses and A/C wall outlets. Perhaps it is more common than I think, but it is just not universally true. The Cable Company does not allow for fuse returns except for Synergistic Research, if I am reading their fine print about returns correctly.

I just spoke with Betty At High End Electronics in Apple Valley, CA who assured me there is a 30 day money back guarantee policy for SR and Audio Magic fuses. I also spoke with Roger at Music Direct in Chicago who assured me they have a 60 day return policy for all HiFi Tuning fuses, including their very popular Supreme fuse. AMR Gold Fuse from UK is actually advertised on eBay with, you guessed it, a 30 day money back guarantee.

"I looked but I didn't find anything." - Old audiophile expression
^^^ Competition is a great thing. It makes everyone strive harder to be the best ... and the end consumer is the beneficiary.

Wolfie ...  

Living under that troll bridge must be really detrimental to the sound of your system. Try a ten-pack of Synergistic Research's High Frequency Transducers (HFT's)  to tame the echo.  :-)
That is great news about High End Electronics giving a 30 day trial on Audio Magic Fuses. The owners Alfred and Betty Kainz are fine people.

David Pritchard
^^^ Fine people indeed.  Their service is great too. I met Alfred at the Newport show this past June. We had a nice talk.  I was  hoping to meet Betty too, but she had to stay home to take care of the business. 

OP