Looking for integrated better than my Rogue Sphinx

I have owned a Rogue Sphinx integrated amp for two years (100RMS). I don't have any specific complaints about its performance except at times when played loud, it sounds like it is clipping and delivering more distortion than clean signal. The Rogue retailed at time of purchased for $1325.00 (remote cost $100 bucks more). I thought it wise to check around with members as to their opinions about a step up in sound quality from the Rogue integrated before starting any serious searches.

Most higher end integrated amps today are decked out like cuckoo clocks and so this might be tough one. I have read a lot of good things about the Hegal integrated amps, but don't need a DAC unless it is going to be superior to the one in my Ayre CX-7emp CD player. In addition, I have no interest in computer audio and many of the accessory features of the newer amps will be useless to me.

However, I will need an MM phono stage, and will miss the one in the Rogue which is first rate.

Is it worth while to take a look at some of the older, highly praised integrateds, like Sim-Moon series of 7 years ago, or Krell, Vincent, Musical Fidelity, and possibly Conrad Johnson. CJ offered an integrated amp about 10 years ago and tagged it at $6500. It was rated 200RMS, but had no inboard phono stage It got excellent reviews at the time, though never took the market by storm ( probably because of its price tag in a depressed market) .

Having more power than 100RMS would be nice, but not a priority. My speakers are (newly acquired) Golden Ear Technology Model 7; so far, an extraordinary sounding speaker considering its price of $1400 per pair. Thanks to all
sunnyjim

Unfortunately, I let this thread get passed me, so I want to thank  every member who responded since my last appearance on it

I want to update those who were kind enough to respond that I still have the Rogue Sphinx v1. I found out before CES 2016, that Rogue had issued an updated version of Sphinx v1 which is now in full production. Unfortunately, updating v1 version to v.2 is  $400 plus shipping both ways. I live on the West Coast, so figure at least $200 to round trip the amp which weighs about 30 lbs boxed. which In my opinion this STINKS.They could at least pay the shipping  both ways.

Steve Guttenberg wrote a review of v2 on March 16 2016 for CNET and raved about the improvements 1) a revised and improved MM/MC stage that is quieter 2) The addition of 3 more RCA inputs 3) the head phone amp  has been improved, probably meaning it has a higher output. 4) Mark O'Brien redesigned the circuit board, and claims the overall sound quality has been improved  ( hopefully less noisy than the original!!).   However, the remote up volume is still too great and you can't quite get the setting you would like......That's just great!! 

Let me mention, that I was advised by another member to upgrade the stock output tubes to Mullards 4003V in August, 2015. It made a difference in taking off some of the edge off the class D amp Rogue uses. The two tubes cost $185.00. 

For new buyers the price of the v2 is the same, plus $100 extra for a slightly revised remote that has a mute switch.

After  almost of 5 years of owning Sphinx v1, I am caught between a rock and hard place, because if I sell it to just move it, I will take a bath on the original price I paid,  However, the changes that were made could pay dividends, for example, the MM stage offers not enough gain for a high out coil. I used a Dynavector 10X5  with it and had to crank the volume to 2'oclock to get decent volume for LP play.  Hopefully the new MC leg of the phono stage  has enough gain to support the lower output MC's like the Denons or AT's, etc.  So, I need to consider my options because I now own a pair of Golden Ear Technology model 7's which sounds very good, but also very dead and lifeless.  I may audition the new Magneplana  .7 speaker which has received very good reviews

However, Maggies need lots of power and are a pain in the butt tot set up in an average size room   Cheers!!.      

I so often see comments about power and watts. Watts do not equate to quality. First consider the power requirements of speakers, and the sensitivity of the speakers. One would not want to connect a 200wpc amp to a pair of Cornwall III speakers no matter the quality of the amp. With those speakers a low watt amp of decent quality would be better than a Mac 6600 with 200wpc. Recently at a shop in Indianapolis I listened to a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II. The mid range is super. The bass, and especially the highs are lacking. It looks impressive but I can assure you the Jolida Fusion 3502S amp sounds nicer. I know the Vincent SV500 sounds really nice. The guy at the audio shop in Indy ignored my request to listen to the Sphinx- said it did not sound as good as Cronus. As for Jolida- final assembly, QA, shipping, warranty service, and upgrades are all done in USA. I sell for Jolida. I know. I would think the Vincent SV500 or almost any of the Yamaha integrateds would sound as nice as the Sphinx, and surely the Jolida JD1501BRC would. The styling of the the Jolida is simplistic, but the sound is great. Much of the gear that is supposedly made in USA is assembled in USA using Asian made components. That is why their gear is currently on back order for so long- floods in China are terrible, and have set production back.
Can you please tell us which of 'the gear this is supposedly made in USA is assembled in USA using Asian made components'?  

Easy.  If you like the Sphinx but just want more and better, move up to the Pharoah.  Its  fantastic sounding and very versatile product.  The Sphinx on steroids essentially.