Why do I keep torturing myself with remasters?

I am really beginning to believe these 180 remasters are mixed for a 500.00 system.It seems every one I buy it's either super bright,or has an ass load of bass in all the wrong places.The Bowie i have the soundstage is all wacked out .I have a decent setup but i can't imagine how much more obvious it must be on a serious setup.I can say the Yes fragile I got lately (cut fromt he original tapes) sounds pretty good ,Zeppelin In thru the outdoor Yikes! so bright waste of 25.00 again..... 
128x128oleschool
FWIW - exception to the (my) rule, maybe...

Don't want to sully you vinyl purists but just ordered The James Gang June 2000 remastered CDs of Yer Album and Thirds (already had Rides Again).  Bill Szymczyk supposedly involved with the remastering.  These versions on Spotify sounded pretty darn good with headphones so went ahead and ordered them.  $5.00 each with 2 day Amazon Prime delivery. Nice detail and separation.  Bass especially on Yer Album is well recorded.  Neither sounds hot or shrill.     
ghosthouse
I have Cambridge transport and a Bel Canto dac, I listen to both although i do lean towards vinyl .
Hey oleschool...you'll have to forgive me indulging an occasional need to get in a little "jab".  Wasn't necessarily targeting you.  Which Bel Canto?  Post your system sometime.  I do enjoy seeing the gear people are running.  It can help give a context for their comments.  I'm probably more like 90% digital and 10% vinyl.  Have you tried ripping any CDs to hard drive and playing through your DAC?  A nice improvement in SQ; a more relaxed, smoother sound (and not due to hi end roll off I don't believe).  

ghost- you can listen to the James Gang on 8 track player and it’s all good. Those albums with Joe W. were great- I play them as often as I play anything. They rock.