Why do I keep torturing myself with remasters?

I am really beginning to believe these 180 remasters are mixed for a 500.00 system.It seems every one I buy it's either super bright,or has an ass load of bass in all the wrong places.The Bowie i have the soundstage is all wacked out .I have a decent setup but i can't imagine how much more obvious it must be on a serious setup.I can say the Yes fragile I got lately (cut fromt he original tapes) sounds pretty good ,Zeppelin In thru the outdoor Yikes! so bright waste of 25.00 again..... 
128x128oleschool
ghosthouse
I have Cambridge transport and a Bel Canto dac, I listen to both although i do lean towards vinyl .
Hey oleschool...you'll have to forgive me indulging an occasional need to get in a little "jab".  Wasn't necessarily targeting you.  Which Bel Canto?  Post your system sometime.  I do enjoy seeing the gear people are running.  It can help give a context for their comments.  I'm probably more like 90% digital and 10% vinyl.  Have you tried ripping any CDs to hard drive and playing through your DAC?  A nice improvement in SQ; a more relaxed, smoother sound (and not due to hi end roll off I don't believe).  

ghost- you can listen to the James Gang on 8 track player and it’s all good. Those albums with Joe W. were great- I play them as often as I play anything. They rock.
"you can listen to the James Gang on 8 track player and it's all good."  Let's not get crazy now!  :-)

Glad you are a fan, whart.  What surprises me is how good the sonics are on that first album.  On the other hand, listened to JW's Barnstorm (not a remaster but uncertain what "CD issue" it was) and the sonics were kind of painful.  Good dynamics, not compressed but "loud" vocals had an edge to them and that's from CD ripped to hard drive.  

Analogue Productions & Speakers Corner are quality reissues.  other wise, stick to originals or at the very least, reissues by the same company that pressed the original (though that is a bit risky).  Sometimes you have no choice on hard to find original from the 50s or 60s, let alone trying to find some in Near Mint condition.