Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Hi Charles,

Well, the works on the recording include Bach's famous "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor," excerpts of works by Vivaldi and Wagner, and a piece by a 20th century American composer named Alexander Russell.  The performer, Lloyd Holzgraf, I understand was the long-time organist of the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles, where the recording was made, and he certainly gives a noteworthy performance IMO.

However, organ music tends to be an acquired taste to many, and I would expect that there will be many to whom these pieces would not be appealing.  And for that matter they are not pieces that I find myself wanting to listen to with any particular regularity, either.

The following YouTube links appear to be uploads derived from CD transfers of the original direct-to-disc LP, each link corresponding to one side of the LP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0bETda5uM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5nzfPi8w4E

Best regards,
-- Al

Hi David and Frank,
Off topic question, do  either of you recall visiting the Concert Fidelity room at the Newport Show? They were featuring their new 300b amplifer driving Maxonics speakers (104 db sensitive coaxial ).
Charles,

Hello Al,
,Thanks for the links. If I can find the CD of this recording I’ll buy it. This will be fun and interesting hearing it reproduced with my low watt SET system. Besides I need at least one majestic organ reference recording in my jazz dominate music library LOL. Al if I’m unable to find this  CD is there an alternative good organ recording you might suggest?
Charles,
Al if I’m unable to find this CD is there an alternative good organ recording you might suggest?
Yup:

https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Sa%C3%ABns-Symphony-No-3-Camille/dp/B000003CSK/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1469925056&sr=1-1&keywords=cd-80051

Saint-Saëns’ Symphony No. 3, known as the "Organ Symphony," is music that I would expect to have much broader appeal than the pieces on the M&K disc. And I would certainly consider your use of the word "majestic" to be applicable to it as well.

I have this on the original 1980 Telarc LP. Don’t let the fact that it was digitally recorded and mastered in the early days of digital discourage you; the sonics of many of the digital recordings that were originally issued on LP by Telarc prior to and around the time CDs came into being are excellent.

That said, assuming that the CD was created with no added dynamic compression relative to whatever minimal amount (if any) may be present on the LP, I disavow any responsibility for what may happen if and probably when some of the passages on this recording drive your amp well into clipping :-)

Best regards,
-- Al