Berkeley Alpha Reference run direct

Has anyone found a preamplifier that improves the sound from a Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC? If so, what preamp? Mine sounds amazing feeding my amplifiers direct, DAC to amps.
imgoodwithtools
Not sure if better, but i would be very curious what a tube preamp would do.  Im in the minority who find the BAD a bit cool, so if i had deep pockets and endless time it want to try a very good tube pre to warm and maybe sprinkle a little magic. ;)

Like I said though, few would agree with me.
I did.  I went with the Jeff Rowland Criterion.  I have learned after 40 tears in audio that the key to an emotional system is a kick butt preamp.  
I had the Berkeley and very definitely preferred it with a preamp in the chain, in my case a Tube Research Labs DUDE. Very nice combination.

Of course, if you love the sound you already have, it might be prudent to just leave it at that. As an audiophile, I've never been able to do that myself, but it seems like good advice in general.
You gotta love high end audio. A couple guys suggest vintage tube technology to breathe some life into a digital system. Another guy says he loves shut down technology and battery power to make the preamp as quiet and transparent as possible. And they might Both be right...