First "audiophile" system, now what? Suggestions for best "bang for the buck" upgrade?

After being beguiled with mp3s and the TV AVR, I finally realized I missed having a dedicated stereo system. With a budget of $2400, here is what I put together:
  ProJect Carbon 1 w/TizoAcrylic platter and Ortofon Red cartridge,
  Hagerman Bugle2 preamp,
  Vincent V-60 tube amp,
  Martin Logan 12 speakers.
 No special wires or cables. My room is 14x19 that is open to the kitchen. Compared to what I had been hearing, this system sounds fabulous. But now I want more fabulous. So I am writing to seek help on making short term/long term plans to upgrade. Short term means the biggest improvement in sound that costs $500 or less. The long term plan could cost maybe $2-3k or more. I have read that going from Ortofon Red to Blue might be a an inexpensive but very noticeable improvement? If speakers are my weak link, then maybe Martin Logan electrostatics would be good (when my ship comes in)?
I welcome any suggestions.
128x128etwilley
Start a new thread regarding the amp and new speakers. List your system and your plan to treat the room.
There are many specifics when matching a tube amp with a set of speakers. A new thread will bring valuable advice.
I believe you have made great purchases on that Vincent amp and the speakers as well. I would be inclined to keep the amp. The question is how your speakers mate with it. This I don't know, however believe it to be what lowrider is alluding to.

I agree (as i posted on another of your threads) that the stylus swap will provide for the greatest upgrade return on investment. 

If room treatment is an option, try some DIY methods. Might want to look up ATC Acoustics, Piper City, Illinois. I have made my own panels with there supplies. 
Lots of experienced advice here.  I don't know where you live, but if you are in a metropolitan area where AC quality is questionable, then a cost-effective power filter/conditioner might make the greatest difference .  In the end, the sound our stereo produce is a direct product of the AC coming to you from your power company.  The more distortion/hash on the incoming AC line, the poorer the performance of your other components.

For the record, it looks to me like you've made sound system decisions so far.  Clean power will allow your entire system to shine!