Ortofon bronze PNP ALERT!!!!!

I purchased a PNP Bronze from a member who said it was less than two months old.
Its the one with the integrated headshell for SME mount or can be used without headshell on a Rega type arm.
Well,I undid the screws and was pulling off the tags,<I've been in Analog since mid seventies and own about 20
cartridges>Anyway the pins coming out of the cartridge body pulled right out.
  This has never happened even on my cheapest junk cartridge.
The seller had a reciept from Turntable Needles and Ortofon said they are not authorized dealer.
They also said it was clearly a manufacturing issue and should have not happened.

Meanwhile,they say I should go after seller for a refund.Well its not the sellers fault and I won't do that.
Neither is it mine,I've removed headshell wires hundreds of times and know what I'm doing.

What amazes me is how PETTY and Crappy a well known respected long time company can be.
ITs amazing that a company like Bryston can offer warranty work to the tenth owner in the 19th year and these
people won't even stand behind a obvious Quality Control DEFECT
Just a word of caution to Ortofon customers,think twice.
Steve

soundsgood05
Post removed 
Just all,just have the same pin out problem of my new silver 2m cartridge.Bought New Project RPM 3 pre mounted with the 2m silver from authorised dealer,so do the warranty applies to cartridge too?
No excessive force was used when pulling out the leads.
pls help ..

What the heck is a 2M Silver?  I have never heard of such a beast in the Ortofon stable.

In any case, if the cartridge was pre-mounted by the factory then it's probably covered under the turntable warranty.  If it was pre-mounted for you by the dealer or seller then I would contact them.

If you purchased the cartridge from an authorized Ortofon dealer or partner than Ortofon will make it good under warranty.
Just has happened to me with a 2M Bronze. Something's not right with the 2M design to allow it to happen...