Impressed by Pangea Audio AC-9SE

I have been using Lamm monoblocks with Kimber PK10 Palladian for years. The PK10 Palladian are great sounding power cable and can stand the test of time.

Lately I ran across some threads about the Pangea Audio AC-9 and AC-9SE power cables. Lots of folks raved about these cables here in Audiogon. The SE sells for $200/2m each at Audio Advisor with 30-day trial. I thought I got nothing to loose and want to find out what all the hypes about these cables. I ordered the SE version.

I was totally surprised that the AC-9SE sounded very close to the Kimber. The main difference is that the AC-9SE sounded a bit thicker and a tiny bit more punch in the bass than the KImber. The PK-10 Palladian was just a tad more air on top. The $200 AC-9SE competes toe-to-toe witht the $1000 Kimber. Amazing. In fact, the thicker sounding AC-9SE matches a bit better than the Kimber in my upgraded system. Talking about synergy here.

I recommend folks who have modest or even megabuck system should try out the AC-9SE. Don't let the low price fool you. You may be surprised.

Happy listening.
audiolui
Even the cord makers admit a dedicated line is the place to start in improving the power to a system, and that it will provide a bigger improvement than high-performance cords.
You know what? In my case, the panel is on the same wall as my system and wall outlets, and about 15 feet away. But alas, there is no room in the panel for another breaker. I'd have to buy a larger panel with more breaker spaces. a lot of work and a lot of wall board, paint, etc. Still I'd do it if I had the time, the things we do for love of audio!
Just an update on the Pangea 14SE MkII.  Recently I was experimenting with the Nad C326BEE and various stand mount speakers I've acquired.  On a whim, I swapped in the Pangea cord on the Nad, and instantly heard an improved bass response.  I was somewhat surprised as I had heard little improvement as outlined earlier in this thread, but the difference was easy to pick out.  
Post removed