Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche

Hi Rinpoche there are a number of good servers on the market today. One of the brands that seems to have gained the most respect is Aurender. They have servers ranging for below $3K up to $17K. The higher end models are extremely flexible in I/O, and apprarently incredibly musical sound. One of the features that makes Aurender most interesting is that they incorporate a mass storage system... Some of the higher end models have a two-tier system... A very large HDD for storing your entire library, and a solid state drive where the devices moves material for playback... SSD is faster than HDD, and has negligible jitter.

For output to Aeris, you can use USB, or even better, SPDIF/coax if you select M10 or W20, which is the transfer mode which seems to be most used by the Rowland gang on their shows demos.

Have a look at the various Aurender product and list prices:

http://www.aurender.com/

N100, M10, and W20 include the two-tier storage system. N100 has only USB output, while M10 and W20 have also SPDIF/coax.

Aurender has Canadian as well as US dealers... Including our mutual friend Angie of American Sound:

http://www.aurender.com/page/dealer-audiophile

But the answer is no... I do not have an Aurender server... I am still using my trusted Esoteric X-01 as a transport into Aeris... But... One of these days *Grins!*

Look at Aurender and Bryston digital players. The Aurender N10 is a little pricey. I have the BDP2 and use it to stream Tidal and listen to CDs that I've burned. My friend said the N10 sounds better than the BDP2, but I'm happy with it. 
BDP2 is also very nice... But it does not have on board mass storage.... But I would not be surprised if a hypothetical next Bryston servr will be equipped with mass storage in one form or another. G.   
I appreciate this, but I am not buying a server. At least not now. I have a long usb and that will do for now. I thought you meant did I use a music center like J. River or some such thing. I use MAC so I am actually mostly on itunes and wouldn't mind trying a center like Audirvana. I have Tidal but I am not convinced by the quality of the files. I would love to hear you all weigh in on this. R