Fair price for a Yamaha RX-V1

I would like an opinion or two on what might be a good asking price for a Yamaha RX-V1 HT Receiver (in pristine condition with original owner's manual, shipping container, etc.).  All functions work perfectly. My goal is to upgrade to a more modern 5- or 7-channel receiver that offers the current audio processing capabilities and room equalization.  I believe the RX-V1 was top-of-the-the-line for Yamaha when it was current.  (I would like to receive a good price for the unit, but want to price it fairly enough to be attractive -- perhaps to an enthusiast just getting into home theater.)  THANKS.   
wdesbrow
I don’t have a price for you except to say that home theater specific equipment takes a pretty big hit in price generally. I remember that receiver as being top of the line but that was about 10 years or so ago. I have a Pioneer Elite DV09 that was the top of the line DVD player a number of years ago and sold for $ 2,200.00 new. Mine has maybe 3 or 4 hours on it and I could probably can only get about $ 250.00 at best! Check the completed listings over on ebay and see what they have sold for. I would guess that it’s less than $ 400.00. Good Luck with it!
I think $200-$300 is more likely for the RX-V1 receiver. I bought a champagne-colored one from a thrift store a few years ago. I spent $350 to get it repaired, then gave it to my son-in-law after I saw how many were available on the used equipment websites. I sold my champagne-colored Yamaha DSP A1 last week for $200 (with Yamaha speakers). There just doesn't seem to be much of a market for used receivers, unless they are McIntosh or priced like a thrift store. I watch those used equipment websites and observe that any receiver (particularly ones without HDMI) priced over $300 can sit for months, even years! I guess it just depends on how long you are willing to wait.