CD players that make for a great transport

For those who have an extensive CD collection, own a quality DAC used for streaming, and occasionally enjoy spinning disks, what current model or recent vintage CD players within a budget of $500-$1000 are noted for having a good transport and quality coax digital output?  
mesch
My old Meridan, I had both the 200 and the 600 series [602?] the 200 was better. If any of you are still back in the Neolithic as I am  they are still good. Use it with my Metrum Octave.

LP better but CD can be very good and cheaper and easier. Modified LP 12 and VPI.

I'm using a Teac CDP with UBS input on the front to steam Tidal from my ipod and play the occasional disc. It's running via Valhalla into a Bel Canto DAC 2.5. Super versatile and it sounds fantastic (using a Shunyata Copperhead on it too - great dynamics as a result). 
Briefly: PIoneer DV09 works very well as a CD only transport.  I bought one inexpensively and it is feeding into a Meridian 563 DAC via an AQ Cinnamon coax digital cable. 

There are two striking differences.  The first is clarity - you can quite literally hear things you don't through the other 2 transports I have (a Rotel 975 and a Sony DVP-N50S).  It's MUCH easier to follow a musical line, and to understand how they tie together.  For example, with the Pioneer you can hear a number of percussive effects on Ulrich Schnauss's album Far Away Trains that are inaudible through the Rotel or Sony. 

The second is authority.  The Pioneer simply has a much tighter grip musically.  Sonically, this means the upper frequencies are much cleaner and real sounding and bass extension, speed, and grip are significantly improved.  That authority also gives it a sense of ease, and provides for improved macro and micro dynamics.

Minorl - thanks for the suggestion.  Curious now to try a much newer transport, like an Oppo 103 or Cambridge CXC. 

Glad you like the DV-09.  I know it doesn't play certain disc.  Like SACD, but most others it is fine.

Don't forget the BDP-09.  Better DACS. beat the Theta gen Va dac and was very close to the Audio Research DAC8 that I own.

and don't let anyone fool you.  The AR DAC8 is a very nice DAC.

Most people were using the BDP-09 as a DVD or Blue ray player and didn't like the fact that it took awhile to boot up.  I couldn't care less because 1) I'm not in a hurry and 2) I'm using it as a CD player or Transport for music only.  I bought it after I owned the DV-09 for a while and it plays more CD's than the DV-09 and sounds great. I believe it is based on the same platform as the DV-09 so it is built like a tank also, but has four internal DACS.

I love the look of the Pioneer Elite equipment with the wood grain panels.  So, unless I have a reason, it is difficult to sell the DV-09.  It looks great.  Same with my Pioneer Elite PD65 in my office.  It still sounds great.  Love those wood side panels.

enjoy