Schiit Byfrost Multibit dac with cd transport

Has anyone tried to use this combo? I've read good things about Schiit dacs. My Marantz cd player is on its last legs, I'm thinking about replacing it. Is there any advantages to using dac/cd transport rather than a cd player.
ogn
Yes. They can sound better and when technology changes you can usually upgrade. Also multibit dacs or also called R2R or ladder dacs sound closer to vinyl then Delta/Sigma dacs Also the quality of the transport is important. You should know that if you ever play your own files that ladder dacs will not do DSD if that is important to you
Alan

Is there any advantages to using dac/cd transport rather than a cd player.

Sound wise no, as in a cdp you have one clock which clocks both transport and dac together, which they say is far better. Where in separates there is a clock in each, and they are not locked together. 

There was one or two very expensive transport/dac arrangements that had a separate clock wire between the two which clocked the transport to the dac clock, but these were very expensive units and rare. I think they were Wadia,Mark leveinson and Cambridge Audio Reference 1.

Cheers George