Bookshelf speakers on a budget

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions for a decent pair of bookshelf speakers. However I'm on a budget in the $400-$500 range; I know this is a low dollar amount but it's all I can afford right now. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them.

Thanks 
hfarrior3
Yes, several of them are good values in my opinion. If you take the time to read up on a few of them, both in that article and out, you will start getting a sense of the features and benefits of different models and what is available.

For example, the small T amps sound pretty good, but may not have a remote or enough inputs for your needs. Reading through reviews will help you get a clearer picture of your options.

Some of the models in the article will show up for sale on here. So once you read up a little just keep your eye out and grab one.

Consider the speakers you may end up with as you read, etc.

Hope this helps

gary
If you are willing to purchase used check out the SS integrateds offered here on AG. 
You bet. Have fun learning, but in the end it's not difficult to put together a nice little system. My girlfriend's system:

2 Mission standmounts w/stands (used on Craigslist)

lepai 2020 t amp (Amazon)

bluetooth receiver (Amazon)

Cost was less $125 for everything.

Plugged the amp and Bluetooth receiver in behind a chair with volume at 50% and hooked up the speakers a few feet apart.

She's never seen the amp, etc. She plays Pandora and controls volume via Bluetooth from her phone- has it playing everyday.

Learn as you go and buy wisely. This hobby is as simple as her system or as complex and costly as a dedicated listening room with high dollar gear. It's up to you.

Hope you enjoy your new system,

gary