I just went to put in a $4.00 add and now I have to give my whole financial history.....

.......what the heck ? I am not putting my personal account information on this site  ...bad enough they take a % of what you sell YOUR equipment for ........but now also telling me how I have to pay for it and how the buyer has to pay for ......well. .I get it that is some cases it is safer....but I have done a lot of sales just by a personal check. I just want to post a cheap $4.00 add.......unbelievable.  Pay-Pal what a rip off that is !
garebear
Hello Scott_W .......I do not understand your response. What that an attempt at humor and not being able to add any comments of any substance ? Thought so.....Also, Mr.therobert ...with two posts ......you both missed my what I was saying. I was trying to sell something here and it once again has changed ...and after 16 years on this site......I kind of have a good on idea on how and what to sell here so thank you for your assistance but I was just surprised to see I had to enter my life's financial story....just to post a quick add. I also can swing $4 ......Dude ?       
......Ozzy and John ......thanks I am looking at US AudioMart as a possible alternative. I too feel a level of comfort here on Audiogon  but it is just getting more and more expensive just to sell anything here    
USAudiomart is a very viable alternative to this site, traffic not as heavy as here, but you all can change that :-)  Ads there are free and if everyone lists there traffic undoubtedly would be better.

Good Listening 

Peter 

A  $4.00 listing fee and 2% final selling fee is too expensive? Seems  reasonable to me! You best go to CL and have a bunch of tire kickers knockin' at your door!