Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
I don't know if you have considered this, but your new Rowland amp will need a good power cord, not that it will sound bad with the stock one. You don't have to match the power cord to your other cables, only to the component you are going to use it with. But let the new amp break-in for at least a few hundred hours before comparing power cords, if that's what you will want to do. Your Rowland DAC wouldn't mind good cord either, by the way. If you ask for a advice here you will get recommendations for one hundred brands.
Also, if you buy cds, in my experience Japanese cds always sound better, always. JVC XRCDs are quite consistent. Some American cds by audiophile companies like Chesky, Acoustic Sounds, Water Lilli and others can be excellent too. You might also want to use cd treatment, Walker Audio is popular but there are others. I don't listen to digital much so I use inexpensive Optrix treatment. All my treated CDs including Japanese sound better than untreated. At the very least rinse them with lukewarm water and wipe off with soft cloth not paper towel which is abrasive.

Tube preamp with SS amplifier is a very popular choice for many audiophiles so I don’t agree with Inna’s "purist  audiophile " definition.
Rinpoche congratulations on your decision, I suspected that the convenience aspect of the JR (transistors ) would be an important feature. You certainly are impressed with the sound quality and it’s a fine match given your speaker’s load characteristics. I wish you many years of listening enjoymentwith this well chosen pairing.
Charles,
Purists would not mix Chanel with Dior, even though both are French. Chanel is best with Chanel and Dior with Dior. I've seen excellent combinations but they were not the best.
But tube preamp as a buffer when using digital source is not a bad idea if carefully selected.
I guess, in my heart I am a purist after all.

One thing I realized last night is that I didn't listen to tube amp and tube preamp. I have to go back to the store anyway, and will suggest it. But, to be honest, because of the many hours that I watch film and my family uses it for TV, the ease of use was one of the things that factored into my decision. I hear the difference between the JR and VAC, but as one person asked earlier on 'are there any systems you would not be happy with'? They are both great. Who wouldn't be happy with either one!!! I feel so fortunate to be able to even be in the position to be able to say that. 

I might wear Chanel with Dior? A scarf? Perfume? Eyeglasses? But then who can afford Dior and/or Chanel. I think you are right, though, I will hear tube and tube and hear for myself how that combo is. I owe it to myself to finish the search. So, my friends, we are not at the last chapter just yet.

In terms of power cords, oh no. Actually I do have a Crystal Cable power cord I can use — maybe on the DAC? Thanks for the suggestions on CDs. I will be listening to the Corus pre-amp as well (not tube), and VAC — maybe I should start another thread!!! LOL
Again, I have an all JR system, with the 625 S2, Corus, and Aeris. In my system I did hear a "slight" difference when adding a Wireworld Platinum power cord, but a more audible difference when I added the Torus power conditioner.