Tube advice

I have several decent, newer ARC tube amps and will soon be approaching tube replacement time. ARC apparently has a very thorough vetting process for the tubes they install and sell. That of course runs a hefty premium, more than double what the same tubes would cost from Tube Depot etc. The money's not a total deal breaker but still, for all three amps re-tubing from ARC is going to run close to 3k and if it's all the same would definitely rather not have to spend the extra $1500. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks
128x128moryoga
Thanks for all the great advice. These are the amps I have:
Phono Ref 2 SE
Ref 5 SE PreAmp
Ref 75 Power

The Ref 75 has easy access bias from the front panel so that's probably pretty safe. I'd definitely have to do some homework on how to bias the tubes on the other units.
I had a Ref 110 before the Ref 75 and the recommended tube run is 2000 hours. I pushed my luck and squeezed another 300 or so hours out of it before frying the fuse and fuse connector, about $200 repair. I guess that's the price we pay for loving tubes and for me not believing the specs.
marktomaras - yes your ARC amp will in time drop out of bias; the VT100 is not a self biasing amp... double check but I'm pretty sure it's not. I know the VT50 is not and my dad checks his often and checks his tubes as well on his tube tester's.

moryoga - your preamps are simple. Your Ref 75 is another animal but as you mentioned easy to bias over older ARC amps. I agree probably best to buy from ARC on your Ref 75. For your preamps I have had great luck buying tubes from Cryoset Certified. I'm not sure if you can bias your preamps manually as I would guess they are self biasing but not sure. You have some very nice equipment - I'd invest in a tube tester. Not sure how people with tubes survive without one unless they have a friend or shop close by.
How does one check the bias on a vt100 mk II?  Is it also necessary to check bias on the LS-25?
Preamplifiers, both linestage and phono stage, generally do not require any bias adjustments.  Nor do the tubes in the input and driver stage of any amplifier I have ever known about.  It's the output power tubes that generally do or do not need occasional checking for bias.  (I say "do not", because some amplifiers have an autobias circuit that takes care of this issue.)

I am not sure I agree that one really "needs" a tube tester to get by with tube equipment.  If you keep rough track of the hours of use, and if you pay attention to how your stuff sounds from day to day, the question of when to re-tube is typically based on subjective judgement of those two aspects.  If a tube tests bad on a tester, it will sound really lousy.  However, tubes can test "weak", but within spec, and still sound fine.  There is no need to change them out unless the sound has gone noticeably off.  The problem with a tube tester, even some of the best ones, is that they test tubes at currents, voltages, and bias settings that may not at all apply to the operating conditions in your amplifier.  This can result in a false sense of security or insecurity, depending upon what the meter says.

Mark, Don't you have an owners manual for your VT100?  If not, it seems unlikely that you could not acquire one for free (check on line for a pdf file) or for a pittance from ARC. 
lewm and marktomaras you might want to read up on this. 

http://mycollins.net/audio/artube1.html

As far as a tube tester goes I bet Upscale Audio and ARC use a tester before they send out tubes so saying a tester isn't an important necessity for a tube user is questionable especially if one likes to roll tubes often. I agree to keep track of your hours but a tester does much more than just test the strength of a tube. Just curious if you own a tester - lewn? The driver tubes in an ARC VT100 do require biasing I believe.