Best current footers for preamps?

To isolate unit from any table/support vibration?
ptss
My brother has had 2 in his system for several months now.
One for his dac,thd other his DHT tube preamp.
We compared to my other per items and his still points.
This Maglev aRe  far better then anything out there.the low level detail and separation noticeably better,as well as soundstage image depth.
The only limitation is the 55-60 lb max weight. They may make for bigger amps 
Now possibly.
audioman58
528 posts
06-12-2016 11:18am
"My brother has had 2 in his system for several months now.
One for his dac,thd other his DHT tube preamp.
We compared to my other per items and his still points.
This Maglev aRe far better then anything out there.the low level detail and separation noticeably better,as well as soundstage image depth.
The only limitation is the 55-60 lb max weight. They may make for bigger amps
Now possibly."

just a comment that it might have been a bit of a stretch to say that "this Maglev are far better than anything out there." For example, did you compare the Maglev in question to say, Vibraplane or Minus K or the Townshend iso stand, you know iso stands that are well documented? Having built Maglev devices myself I have an appreciation for what they can and cannot do. I also have designed sub Hertz airspring iso stands and many other types of iso platforms.

Cheers,

GK, Machina Dynamica
audioman58, a long time ago I had Sony likepole magnet feet and later a platform from Italy much like what you are talking about. 

Such devices behave just like springs.The Sonys were best as they did not slide to one side. They were about the size of the Stillpoints Ultra Fives.

I don't like spring isolators.
tbg
5,214 posts
06-12-2016 5:42pm
"audioman58, a long time ago I had Sony likepole magnet feet and later a platform from Italy much like what you are talking about.

Such devices behave just like springs.The Sonys were best as they did not slide to one side. They were about the size of the Stillpoints Ultra Fives.

I don’t like spring isolators."

i appears there’s a lot of folks who disagree on the dodgy subject of springs and isolation. You know, the thousands of Vibraplane users, not to mention Minus K, Townshends iso stands, in fact almost all iso platforms are spring based in one form or another. As well as the many university labs who employ bungee cords or similar springs for isolation. Even the project to detect gravity waves LIGO employs spring based iso systems. Of course, it’s always possible to implement these systems incorrectly or ineffectively. C’est la vie. Isolation is part science, part art. In the special case of maglev devices it’s not that they act like springs, it’s that there is no physical pathway for vibrations to get to the component. It's levitation. As I said earlier the slippery interface of opposing magnets results in a small pathway where the top plate, by necessity, comes in contact with one of the stops.

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica

Have you tried Vibrapod Cones?  They work well for me.  I have them under my Herron Audio gear.  At the price, the Vibrapod Cones are a cheap experiment.