Curious .. What is the compared price of your tt vs spkrs

Ok people im curious  
what is the price range of you entire analogue set up vs your spkr s with cables .. I often wonder what a guys table set up is when he is running a set of wilsons , or the 25k tt guy ..
my tt setup is about 75-80%  of my spkrs with cable , but i have a sub I occasionally use lol add another $$ so with that probly 60 -70% 
thanks 
128x128oleschool
I,d rather hear a clean source thru mid grade speakers ,then  mid grade source through high end spkrs .Balance is key(as a musician),I grab my prs or my martin guitar and plug it into a decent amp(even a practice amp ) vs grabbing my mid grade epihone and play it through a nice tube marshall ..I plug the prs into the tube marshall ..But again i believe the room acoustics play a large role in the overall performance of spkrs.The tt is gonna perform its task in any room(yes a good match cart tonearm etc ) just my two cents. with my sub I,m about even,not because i chose it just went that way.I can say it will overtake the spkrs when i step up in level with cartridge.currently i run a benz ace (classic 1) 

I also believe that at a level ,you determine what that is** .The speakers will overtake the tt. If you have a 200k pair of wilsons in a custom room ,well it will be an expensive anolgue rig ,but cost to me doesn't mean great sound in all cases ..

First: value judgments or statements are not ''truth-functional''.

Second: we all think in the same way; from our premisses to

our conclusions or deduction. Different opinions means different

premisses not ''different thinking''. So one should make his premisses

explicite . My is as already mentioned the fact(?) that speakers

are the weakest link in the (system) chain. Consequently I spend

the most of my money for the speakers. The ''ratio'' is not exact

but in my case about 4x more than for my analogue front.

If the premiss is that anyone is free to decide for himself than

why we need any justification for our choice? That is to say

that mentioning our reasons is the same as mentioning our

premisses.

Nadric,
You are correct,this discussion started by a mid night thought and pure curiousity  .I started the discussion just for fun to hear some imput.It was never meant to credit or discredit anyone choices .

I have an ancient Linn LP12 with a Rega RB300 arm and a Denon DL-110 cartridge. Current market value is probably about $1100. My speakers are custom built Linkwitz Orions. They are a full system with an active crossover and 8 channels of amplification. I picked up a used B&K AV1260 which does a nice job. Figure about $5000 for that package. I have $1500 into a VTA SP13 tube preamp with PH12 phono stage.   Because it uses 8 channels, I have 8 runs of 25' long cable.  I use 14 gauge zip cord from Parts-Express - cost is about $200 with connectors, etc.

I never looked at this as what percentage I should spend here or there. I’ve just always felt I wanted to get more bang for my limited audio buck.   Y'all can laugh at my 14 gauge zip cord all ya want.   Everyone who's ever heard my Orions has left with envy.  Everyone...  including people with 10 times as much invested in their systems.