Bass traps - too many choices!!

Browsed the forum and read a lot regarding bass traps. But overwhelming and still not sure what to buy. Looked at the ASC site; and their tube traps are tuned to different frequencies. eBay sells foam wedges which are advertised as corner bass traps. Relatively inexpensive too. But are they effective? I've also heard about using sand-filled cardboard tubes (used for pouring concrete). Even heard that a large potted plant set in the corner can be an effective bass trap.
Can anyone simplify this? I already have Room Tunes in my corners. Speakers are on the diagonal as my listening room is kinda squarish. So I'm just looking to put a bass trap in the corner behind and between the two speakers. But I want to make sure that whatever I buy is effective. 

rockyboy
To refresh your memory, I have my speakers on the diagonal since my room is pretty square. So the corner I'm trying to address is behind and between my monitors. 
ivan_nosnibor
Your 2 posts dated 5/22/2016

I enjoyed reading what you had to say. Very insightful 

Glad you mentioned the door. I was able to make a huge improvement
by opening two doors in my room.
I've tried all kinds of acoustic treatments over the years, even some DIY stuff.  The best I've found by far for bass/corners are ASC tube traps.  

I've bought them used on Agon and eBay for 50% or more off retail.  ASC themselves have show demo units they discount for sales sometimes.  Great folks to deal with and very helpful...

rockyboy, Check out www.readyacoustics.com , they use the same stuff you now have and you may find useful info there. Nothing like trying for yourself.