What's the latest word on the Emotiva UMC-1?

I just bought the Oppo 83 blu-ray player, and now see the Emotiva website says the UMC-1 processor is in initial shipping mode. At only $700, is this processor really of great quality and a bargain compared to the likes of more expensive units from Onkyo, Integra, Marantz, Rotel, etc? I'm looking to spend under $3,000. For strictly home theater use, would you go for the UMC-1 or what other product?
rxlarry99
Ok, my perspective thus far:
"The UMC-1 is a preamp (that includes bugs)...It does all the processing (with several bugs), but no amplifying (thank goodness, cause if it did offer amplification, it would undoubtedly have a few bugs mixed in). It has lots of features (currently, riddles with - yep, you guessed it...) for a very good price. A good bargain (if you can deal with a few glitches and bugs here and there).

Now I just might be a bit too opinionated here. But In my nearly 20 years around the AV profession, I've never seen such a catastrophe as the UMC-1! - Not even from some branded product that was built in some 3rd world country, and assembled where they likely don’t even have running water!!
I think it's a disgrace personally. That and they keep taking orders for the failure, to further the debacle.
But hey, this is just my pespective.
I was on the waiting list but passed when my time came up. I wanted room correction and it looks like the one they are using doesn't work well/has problems.
I have a new baby and will be lucky to have 30 free minutes to run the Audyssey program, let alone keep installing firmware upgrades/ bug fixes.
I opted for an Integra 9.8 used with warranty{ refurb} for $850.
BTW, i am replacing a b&K ref 30 pro, so i will report back to how much improvement there is with all the new technology next week when i get it.
Anyone know if they worked out all the bugs yet? Toyota has been working on their product's issues. I'm just wondering if Emotiva is still shipping things "as is" to whoever will shell out the money?! They're trying to reach me to place an order - lol.
Yeah, I'm definitely passing if nothing's changed
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1218226&page=46

Seems like Goober laufman didn't get it quite right this time either. I suppose the faithful will just have to wait a little while longer.