Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
The TV and film aspect of the system is one of my concerns about choosing tubes over SS. I don't really have enough room for two sets of speakers and another receiver. We could just use the TV alone for sound on a day-to-day basis and use the 'complete system' for films and perhaps our favourite shows. The Jeff Rowland 625 S2 won't be an issue, but the VAC, I think, will. We do watch a fair bit of TV because I am working on a book on film at the moment, but again I don't need to have it through the main system all the time. My main interest and purpose here is music, and secondarily to have access to TV and film when desired. I think it would mean going through tubes more often, is that right? Sort of like servicing a car if you drive it more? Or are there other issues I don't know about? Is the VAC delicate? Can it take more hours of useage? Or is it just going through the tubes faster and having to replace them? 

Yes, the advice here has been fabulous. Thank you all so much.
Hi rinpoche,
It seems like the Rowland amplifier really impressed you but nonetheless you appear to be more captivated by the VAC.  Of course the more often you use the VAC  the sooner you'll have to replace the tubes.  Good news is that the amplifier doesn't require a multitude of tubes and the KT  88 output tubes are modestly priced (compared to my amplifier's 300b tubes).  The VAC is "very" rugged,well built and reliable.  A good friend of mine had the VAC Phi 300.1 and had no problems with it at all during his 5 years of ownership. As has been acknowledged,  you need to hear both amplifiers in your system. 
Charles, 
Hello again to all of you. I wonder, could I hook the Jeff Rowlands Aeris DAC to a VAC Phi 200 amp directly? Do I need an integrated amp or a pre-amp? Doesn't the Aeris act as a pre-amp, at least for now? I mean, what do you think?  
Hello again to all of you. I wonder, could I hook the Jeff Rowlands Aeris DAC to a VAC Phi 200 amp directly? Do I need an integrated amp or a pre-amp? Doesn't the Aeris act as a pre-amp, at least for now? I mean, what do you think?  

With the new VAC 170IQ and 200IQ, I would avoid Phi 200 unless it's a GREAT GREAT deal.   Used prices will drop with demand for the new amps increases.

If buy Phi 200 used, it would be difficult comparing Aeris with and without a preamp so try comparing Aeris to a 200IQ.    Once you have a barometer on the different combinations, then go shopping for Phi 200 if chooses. 

Rinpoche,
If your question is technical(based on specifications), I submit Almarg would be best to answer. The Aeris DAC does have a volume control, but I think it sounds better with a preamp. You need to take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, because I'm firmly in the camp of those that believe most systems sound better with a very good preamp in it.