Is it necessary to use the same cable brand and model for bi-wiring??

I have a pair of Wharfdale Denton 80th Anniversary  speakers that can be bi-wired. I have read many pro and cons about bi-wiring improving the sound quality.  I still like to give it a shot, but do not want to use an expensive pair of speaker cables to satisfy my curiosity  All comments and recommendations welcomed    
sunnyjim
You should select cables that compliment your speakers then biwire with identical cables. 
You should select cables that compliment your speakers then biwire with identical cables
By selecting cables, isn't that tone control?   You prefer tone the selected cable over others?  Every cable has a sonic characteristic?

Yes, all cables have a "character". 
What might be a wonderful and expensive cable might not be the best choice for certain speakers or amplifier. 
Find a good dealer who is familiar with your speakers and electronics and ask for their advice. 
Also, Music Direct sells a variety of cables at various price points and you can try them for a few weeks and have the option to return them if you aren't happy with the sound. 
Thats what dealers are for. 
Yes, all cables have a "character".

Right, you're tone controlling by selecting a cable.   So what's the difference in using same or different cables for bi-wiring, still tone control?

BTW, I would use the same cable for bi-wiring.
What might be a wonderful and expensive cable might not be the best choice for certain speakers or amplifier.
Find a good dealer who is familiar with your speakers and electronics and ask for their advice.
Also, Music Direct sells a variety of cables at various price points and you can try them for a few weeks and have the option to return them if you aren't happy with the sound.
Thats what dealers are for.
How's this relevant to the discussion on tone control?   
All of audio is about tone control. What difference does it make if I change speaker around to suit my cables, or change cables around to suit my speakers?
People basically change gear/cables around to suit their personal tastes. It's nothing to make a fuss about.