The Worst Speaker you have ever heard.

This should be thought provoking. What is the worst speaker, or the most over-rated, over-priced, over-hyped speaker you have ever heard. Have you ever had speakers that you now wished you had kept?
jec
Worst speaker has got to be the Hill-array....annoyingly shrill and not at all faithful to the original event.

jvogt is correct, for the money and sound quality, arrrrggghhhhh.....  A friend who runs a high-end shop describes it akin to barbed wire run between the ears back and forth.

This is an evasive answer, at least a little, but a few years back at a local dealer I heard a pair of Wilson Alexandria V2s set up in their flagship room.  I had previously heard in another room some Sophia V2s to great effect being driven by VTL electronics and a good analog front end.  The Alexandrias didn't sound bad, per se, but I was highly disappointed to hear the same small soundstage with mini images and that lean, hyper-detailed sound I hear so often.  In fact, they sounded almost exactly like Watt Puppies.  The surface loudness was all wrong, i.e. pianos sounded like pinpoints as did trumpets, voices, or cymbals.  Initially I thought it was due to a lean-sounding solid state amp, but the amps were VTL Sigfried tube monoblocks and the analog front end was that overbuilt acrylic turntable with the linear tracking tonearm and the massive pendulum, forgot the name.  Anyway, there was no apparent reason for this type of disappointing sound, especially from a $150K pair of speakers, especially being fronted by at least $200K of turntable and electronics.