Mc C47 or Rotel 1590

McIntosh C47 or Rotel 1590 pre amp ( I know theres a big of a price difference but which would be better overall dollar for dollar)
thanks; I pick C47 in terms of sound but I’m not sure which would be a better buy overall 

blackjack616
So you had time listening to the 1590 pre + 1582 amp?
Is the  MAC6700 hands down better than that combo?

Theo. are you saying Rotel make good products for the price, Mac is overall better but the markup is higher than it should be?

No, the 1590 was never removed from the box.  The pre I used with the 1582 was the RC1550, which I traded towards the RC1590.

For the money allocated and price point, Rotel makes good products but not as good as McIntosh; you get what you pay for.

Blackjack616, my point is that you get what you pay for. Mc doesn't have a higher margin, they cost more because they invest more. Rotel prices the same way, each manufacture has a cost of design and production factored in and they add a profit margin to establish a price. The bean counters make the calculation required to stay in business. Either brand will serve well, but your decision should be based on hearing what you expect for your budgeted investment.