is there a market?

Is their a large enough market within the audiophile community and music lovers alike to start a recording company that recorded primarily jazz and classical music the right way?  Is there a chance to capture the great orchestras of america in a totally analog process from start to finish just like they did back in the fifties?  I would think many orchestras would jump at the opportunity to be part of the effort to be recorded like the great orchestras were in the mid 20th century.  Is there still equipment in existence and engineering know how to make this happen?  There certainly is a renewed interest in vinyl and the sound it produces even if it is done digitally.  How about the real thing?
tzh21y
Cost. Master in the can is cheaper than new, from scratch production particularly if large production and party issuing record already owns the rights in the master and doesn't even have to pay for that licensing fee. 
There is such a demand for these recordings that they just keep reissuing them.  Yet the classical music industry is not doing  well.  Go figure.  Geez I guess we will just reissue some living stereos and old Decca's, those are the ones people want after all, screw the current orchestras.  I mean how much would it really cost decca to do it.  They have to still have some of the equipment and know how.  If not, I am sure their are Decca engineers that did this that are still with us that could do it again.  Somebody could make these great orchestras sound great again.  Brass and strings just do not cut it in digital period.
TZ- it’s a cost factor, and also, from a market/risk standpoint, reissuing a known warhorse is a safer bet than creating something new (apart from the cost risk- did I mention risk and cost?) :) Same complaint could be made about many reissues on the pop/rock or even the jazz fronts too, though I gather folks are pretty happy will some of the jazz reissues of blue note by music matters. First question someone behind the desk making a decision would ask is-- what’s the market? Same question you are asking.
Ping me and we can talk. I sent you a PM a couple days ago.
best,
bill hart
I understand, there is risk with everything.  I also know that digital is better than it was but it will never sound like analog ever, especially with unamplified instruments.  For music that demands critical listening, analog is the only way to go.  Jazz, classical, bluegrass and other genres of music demand critical listening not just background entertainment.  What better time to take this risk.  I would imagine the great orchestras would jump at the opportunity to be recorded in all analog because they know what that does to strings, cymbals, I could go on and on.  Its called reality, like being at the venue and experiencing music as it sounds true to life.  The only thing is it would truly have to be done by the best of the best, like a Kenneth Wilkinson to ensure it was done perfectly to really get attention.