Krell HTS 7.1 vs. Showcase

I'm looking to combine my HT and stereo due to space... so I need a pre/pro that can really play music. I already have a Krell amp that is fantastic, so the natural choice would be a Krell pre/pro. The question is... is there really a difference between the two? Videoswitching is not important at all.. never use it.
128x128audiojan
I have owned both.

What I will say is that one of the biggest differences I found between the two is the sound quality. While the Showcase is a fine pre/pro, the Krell HTS 7.1 is better than the Krell Showcase on movies and especially on music. I like to watch a lot of concert footage dvd's and the HTS 7.1 really shines.
I use the HTS7.1 with three krell amps (fpb 350Ms for the two fronts) and a Krell KSA 150 stereo amp to drive the sub and center. The HTS7.1 has worked really well and provides a lot of adjustment options, etc. It had to go in to Krell once (the left channel had gone dead) but they gave me good turn-around time and downloaded the latest software, all on warranty. It works great now and I am very pleased with it. BTW, the fronts are Maggie 20.1s and the center is a Maggie CC-3.
Ok, seems like the concensus is that the HTS 7.1 does indeed sound a bit better...

Puerto- impressive collection of Maggies/Krell you have! I bet it sounds amazing.