Lexicon RV-8 query followup-fan noise?

Ok. This was a dud when i bought it secondhand, So ive never actually heard it. Eventually had to get a new power supply from lexicon, at ridiculous cost. (Approx USD700, shipped to NZ, of which person who sold amp to me contributed half). Amp is now up and running. But fan noise from the power supply seems LOUD to me, and is constant, even staying on for ages after you power the unit down. Can anyone who has owned one of these amps tell me-Is this fan noise normal, and im being over sensitive?!

Between this, and the fan on my linn sizmik subwoofer, and in my oppo bdp 95, im going nuts. Whose bright idea was to use fans to cool hifi and HT gear, anyway?! Is it just me? But meeb theres something wrong with lexicon? At least the linn and oppo fans are only on intermittently.....
yourmomm
Thanks, but 40db!!! Was looking more for the 14-20db area. Or even better, any advice from rv8 owners as to whether this is normal for the power supply fan (which has just been replaced, along with the power supply) to be running on full tilt permanently, even on standby....?
I had an RV-8 for a while and agree that the fan was obnoxious. Mine never shut off and I eventually tired of it. Too bad, because it really was a great receiver. It was kind of hard to understand how it made it to production with a fan making as much noise as it did. All of the noise completely ruled it out for 2 channel listening for me. Hopefully you can find a fan that will work for you. There seemed to be a pretty good selection of 80mm x 15mm 24 volt fans by just doing a Google search. Good luck.
Has anyone tried asking Lexicon? It looks like its a common problem. Maybe they have a fix.
Thanks all. Am waiting for response from Lexicon. Will post for information. But since i bought this power supply with fan attached from Lexicon only one week ago ($800 NZ, including shipping and GST!) i am guessing they have no recent fix...i read the service manual, which suggests the fans should speed up and slow down according to power amp demands (which makes sense), but my power supply fan seems to only have one speed: noisy, whether power amp is being used or not (or even when unit is on standby)...ive never heard any of the other three internal cooling fans, which suggests to me the power supply is either faulty, or very poorly designed, despite its massive cost...any more owners' views?

Not to hijack my own thread, but im also interested to hear how many owners had power supplies that blew, and the circumstances that led to this fault (eg period of disuse). Am thinking i might have to make a separate soft start unit, which seems ridiculous for a power supply this expensive....

Thanks
I owned the RV-8 and had the same experience as Csmgolf. The constant fan noise was unacceptable.