Why are record cleaners so expensive?

Full disclosure: I have only the Spin-Clean record cleaner and a Hunt EDA brush to clean my vinyl, but as someone who's been in the digital side of audiophilia for decades, and as someone who knows how much gear can get in any dedicated hobby, I'm still curious as to why a high end vinyl cleaner can cost more than three grand.

I'm not disputing the price; after all, Smith said that something's worth whatever someone pays for it. Moreover, a high end record cleaner might be able to do things to vinyl that nothing else can. Still, paying three grand for an Audio Desk cleaner seems a bit out of reason. $3K can buy a good set of speakers; a hand-made fly-fishing rod based on your height and weight and arm length; two weeks at a Fijian resort for two; a custom-made suit from an Italian mill. So why is a glorified vacuum cleaner $3K?

Again, not flaming, just curious. Enlighten me?

s
128x128simao
Quote.......
" LMAO I am sorry but I have been in this hobby for years and not meaning to start a flaming war but seriously thousands for a record cleaner? I literally am shaking my head right now because the 1st thing comes to mind is Harley Davidson riders. Total sheep. Buy into anything Harley. If it's branded HD they flock like sheep and will spend $$$$ because of either ignorance or buy into their expert marketing. Guys really I get bored also and over analyze this hobby but wake up and smell the roses. If it makes you feel better and have the money to waste feel free but your conscience has to get the better of you. Geez!! !"

I have owned and used My Loricraft since the early eighties. Have a collection near 8000 lp's and have also cleaned literally thousands for some friends as well.
Its well over 3 decades old and still going strong. So just WT% is your point above.
I have always thought speaker wires and the rest of wires on the market tops at laughable prices . We purchased a Lori-craft one about seventeen years ago and love it for how effective it is on older used records . I forget what we payed for it but it was expensive. It has more then payed for itself over the years keeping our record collection some of it rare in prestine condition and sounding great , We also have a German made dish washer which cost a couple thousand dollars which has been doing a great job since 2008. I guess some might use a fifteen cent j cloth , soap and a sink of hot water for their dishes and laugh at someone spending any amount of money on a dishwasher , Yes , each to their own .
And yes I agree to each their own. It just seems so silly to me to spend that much on a cleaner however, normal people do NOT understand how we spend $1000's on amps, preamps, etc... Maybe I don't understand the higher dollar cleaners but let me make it clear I am not meaning to offend anyone :)
samzx12

Just for fun..

Please send me 5 of your favourite records. They don't need to be valuable, or audiophile pressings, just some that you know well and enjoy. I will double-clean them on my Audio Desk and Klaudio machines for FREE, you just pay postage..

That's $25 of free cleaning - If samzx12 doesn't want to take me up on the offer, then another thread contributor should please let me know if they would like to do it and report back to the thread!

You could then decide from first-hand personal experience:

1 - Do expensive ultrasonic record cleaning machines make a real world difference that's worthwhile?

2 - Is the difference one that's easily heard on your system?

3 - Does that difference matter to you as much as spending money on upgrading equipment?

Let me know!
DaveĀ