Anti skate. I think something's wrong

I have an Acoustic Signiture TT with a Graham 2.2 tonearm and Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge. My anti skate is set close to tracking weight and it would always dig to in inside when I would start a record. I read this is wrong so I got my Cardas test record out and placed it in smooth section and it imediately gravitated to inside. I adjusted anti skate to where cartridge slighty pulls to inside . Here is the problem. To get this I'm having to adjust anti skate to the max. I rechecked TT and it is right on level wise. I have less sibilence now and swear the two channels are more even. The right channel has always been just slightly lower than left in volume. The only qualm I have is the max antiskate I have to use. Is bearing bad? I have the blue fluid. Or I shouldn't worry and enjoy the music. Mike
128x128blueranger

Cleeds said :

"There are those that want to make LP playback a mystical, ethereal pursuit. But it’s really fairly basic physics and geometry."

That is until you use your ears and find that the "basic physics & geometry" didn’t go according to plan....or until your eyeballs can’t see that graticule quite as clearly as they used to. (...or until you’ve done your 20th cartridge in one day as Raul has probably done). Then it becomes a "nightmare". ;^)

I’m also one of those old fashioned guys who doesn’t like to stress gimballed bearings so whenever I do something as simple as tightening cart screws after a cartridge reposition I’ll strip the entire tonearm off the turntable.

Raul undoubtedly uses the term nightmare rather than PITA but I know exactly what he means... ;^)

I believe I can help cut through this anti-skating complexity by just applying our audiophile mantra "just listen". Re-reading the Soundsmith set-up instructions, I was pleased to see confirmation of my suspicion that more anti-skating means more pressure on the right channel (outer groove)!
So, first, start with a properly set up system, i.e. soundstage with a perfectly centered "center image" using a cd player and several different recordings (no doubt you've already done this). Then, play one of your favorite records that has a center image - middle of the record. Adjust A/S until the center image is perfectly centered, more A/S to adjust the center image to the right & less to adjust it to the left. 
I'm thinking this is equal pressure/wear on the stylus and on the records, adjusts your soundstage to be the same as your CD's, and even takes into account Soundsmith's variable of type/loudness of music because as your favorite, that's the type you will be listening to most.
-You'll hear the difference and know that it's right.

Few tonearms have accurate anti-skate markings. Add in the difference between stylus shapes and you have what I persona;; have only seen Grace address. Their instructions, at least for my friend's 707, says to look at the stylus when you start the platter, note which way the cantilever flexes, and adjust accordingly.