Help! My system is very bright it hurts my ear

Anyone..help...Here is my system listed...I'm new to audio...cd is raysonic 128 with 2 amperex gold pin 2 EH (6922)...golden audio se40 with 6 of JJ 6l6gc..Macintosh c40 pre.amp..new Aragon 8008...n pair with quad 22l2..here is the hook up, I hook up golden audio to high n mid and hook up Aragon for base...I have tried different speaker like Gallo 3.1 n monitor s8i but still too bright..is just too bright...any help please?????  Oh..forgot the system is in living room with 20' ceiling, could it be acoustic issue or pair issue, tube, amp, speaker....help please?????
fatgosil
Thanks,,,,I have notice some lousy recording cd that I have too...I will play with ur advice...everything sounds good except the high pitch it just killing me.......thanks for all the input...oh..my friend was telling to swap out c40 n replace with a tube pre.amp...but I don't think that is the problem, cause borrowed my brother c41 but no luck....
Did your speakers come with grill covers? Are they in place? If your speakers making your ears bleed, try taping a hanky over your tweeters and report back.
If you're plugging your amps into any cheap power / computer strips pull those out. Plug your amps directly into the wall. If you are by chance using computer type power strips don't plug any of your gear into them; get rid of them. Also if you have all this gear on a shared circuit with lights or what ever else that doesn't help. If amps aren't  being feed well they can sound a little lean and if you're really pushing them it becomes worse. Dedicated circuits  make a huge difference and a hospital grade Hubbell receptacle makes a nice difference and they're affordable.

These types of tweaks help a lot but I still bet your room needs the attention first. 
I have a monster cable conditioner n a Belkin pf31...I plug both amp into the monster conditioner...I have tried switch out n plug in wall, but still...n also tried switch them all around...but power reading at at about 120...

I have a monster cable conditioner n a Belkin pf31...I plug both amp into the monster conditioner...I have tried switch out n plug in wall, but still...n also tried switch them all around...but power reading at at about 120...