record show experiences

I went go a record show yesterday.  Lot of junk.  Took a couple of records to trade or get cash for them.  They together were worth at least 150.00.   Guy offered me 20.  They are mint.  He even said he would put one of them in his private collection.  Lol.  There was a lot of junk.  Frustrating.  Are their any good record shows in the northeast USA?  Is it this way at all record shows?
tzh21y
I know, cannot go by the list.  I always seem to come across records in am not looking for that I want, they are just not the ones I really want.  I rarely ever see classic records, mofi, analogue productions or anything like that at the shows.  I never see vertigo swirls.
Well, The Keystone Record Collector’s Pennsylvania Music Expo claims to be "the largest monthly show of its kind." I don’t know about that, but there IS a lot of stuff there. Typical stuff, LPs, CDs, 45s, even DVDs. Mostly the typical genres, old Rock, old Pop, but at least some of almost anything else, least of all classical. Their website has quite a bit of useful info if you look around, especially their "Unwanted Records" page.
recordcollectors.org/records2015/index.php
TZ:
Like any business, the vendors at the record shows concentrate on the stuff that sells the most. Rock, blues  and pop are the mainstays, along with a little jazz.

As for the audiophile stuff, Whart has a point about vendors preferring internet sales. I do bring some of the more esoteric stuff to the sales at times, but my heart is weak, and it nearly stops when I see the way people manhandle them.  
I do bring some of the more esoteric stuff to the sales at times, but my heart is weak, and it nearly stops when I see the way people manhandle them.
minkwelder,
For this I have separate printed out spreadsheet of high-end stuff with condition and prices with note "handled only with vendor".

czarivey,
Why didn't I think of that? I have a little stack of MOFI's and other gems that I've been wanting to take to the shows.

That would also help with another issue that crops up every once in awhile, and that's theft. There are just too many opportunities for that sort of thing. Naturally, the high-priced stuff is what they want to grab.