Determining current flow to install "audiophile" fuses.

There are 4 fuses in my Odyssey Stratos amp. I recently returned some AMR fuses because they rolled off the highs and lows a little too much for me. Mids were excellent though. Anyway, I'm getting ready to try the Hi-Fi Tuning Classic Gold fuses, as they are on clearance now for $10/ea. Are they any good? However, I have read that they are a directional fuse? Can anyone confirm this? If that is the case, does anyone know the current flow for the Odyssey Stratos? Or, does anyone know how figure out current flow by opening up the top and looking at the circuitry? 

jsbach1685
brf1,444 posts04-04-2016 7:14pmIf you can hear the difference when using "audiophile" fuses, you should be able to hear the difference between the two directions.

THAT'S right to the point.

My obsessive efforts to increase personal audible sensitivity ended unsuccessfully over a decade ago. I tried to find specific nutrition, used ear-vac to remove the wax and tons of various methods including recreational drugs until I came up with so THIS hypothetical conclusion:

EYES CAN HEAR MORE THAN EAR.

There won't be any directionality if the fuse is used in an AC circuit. Its really really hard to see how such a fuse could then be used in a DC circuit and impart any directionality whatsoever. I'd love to see the explanation on that one!!
There is no explanation needed when the "audio magic" light is lit, as geoffkait (and other supposed golden eared magicians) firmly believes the skeptics put up with "bad sound" as they dare to not consume the Kool Aid hard sold to the easily duped…how bad does atmasphere's rig sound? Must not be too good if he's a "directionality denier" which is ironic as he seems to know more about this stuff than most of us.
"There won’t be any directionality if the fuse is used in an AC circuit. Its really really hard to see how such a fuse could then be used in a DC circuit and impart any directionality whatsoever. I’d love to see the explanation on that one!!"

How odd. I suspect the primary use those squirrely aftermarket fuses is actually in AC circuits. I shall send out an all-hands email of the highest urgency immediately if not sooner.