Upgrade from Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 to ?

Hello All,

In a dilemma as to what would the next logical speaker upgrade would be. I really like the Sonus Faber Venere paired with Audio Analogue Maestro 70. The combination sounds just right. What I’m looking for in my next speaker is a bit more low end and improved top-end resolution. Any suggestions for $5K budget? PMC Twenty 23 looks interesting.

My Current Setup:

Amplification: Audio Analogue Maestro 70
Phono Pre: EAR 834P
Sources: Rega RP6 w/ Shelter 501 MKII, Tandberg TD20A SE Reel to Reel, Tandberg TCD 3014A Cassette
Speakers: Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

TIA
livin_262002
If you like your current setup why not just move up to the Venere 3.0 if you're wanting a little more bottom end and extension? Between your amp and speakers are you sure the amp is the stronger of the two? Depending on your room size a larger speaker might not be the first step. What are the dimensions of your room?

Thanks for the suggestion. My room is 14' x 18', speakers against the 14' wall 8' apart and 8' from the listening position. The amp certainly sounds great. Before the AA Maestro 70 I was driving the SFs with AA Verdi 70 and DK Design VS-1 Ref. MK II (150 @ 8Ohm). The Maestro 70 is much more musical and can drive the SFs beautifully. So, IMHO amp is good. 

I auditioned the PMC Twenty 23 driven with Rega (not sure of the model though) that puts out 140 into 8 Ohm, but was not impressed enough to make the switch. I'm going to audition them in my listening environment next week, but I'd like to get some suggestions from others.