OPPO BDP 103/105, sound quality???

I'm looking for player that will play Blu-ray, SACD, DVD-audio and CD's.
That also sounds pretty great. I realize with a budget of $1K, I'm not going
to get Esoteric sound. But there must be "Universal" options
that sound pretty damn good? Any help would be appreciated.

markeetaux
reubent,

Of all the universal players I have had, the Oppo loads the fastest! Don't be concerned, my comment was just a heads up to people who think that there must be a problem with their universal player because start up time is considerably longer than a dedicated CD player. 

Tony’s got it right...blue ray is more demanding than simple redbook player is...was told more accurate?

All i can say is i have had the 105d for some months now and it is a pretty capable player...every audio place i talked to..."to shake this thing down" recommended it to me...even if I wasn't using it for dvd...

It replaced a considerably more expensive player and was’nt wanting to go that route ever again...so I had my doubts about this thing...

Does it have more s#*t than ill ever use...yes...its nice to know i have though if needed....no remorse here.

The Oppo 103D uses a non-removable (soldered onto the circuit board) fuse, that looks like a small 2.5A (from the printing on the circuit board).

I ordered a Linear Power Module SE from OppoMod, and was able to replace the small 2.50A slo-blo with a Synergistic Red. Awesome improvement to the picture and sound (over the already stunning improvement of the LPM SE). I did ask Lee Jaehong of OppoMod what fuse he recommended, and he mentioned the AMR Gold.
For those with the OPPOMODS Liner Power Supply the large toroidal transformer responds very well to being wrapped in mu metal. I should also mention the circuit boards in the Oppo should be isolated against the 60 cycle hum of the toroidal transformer. This can be accomplished by mounting the transformer on cork or viscoelastic material. The bolt holding the transformer should not be tightened down all the way.  And the standoffs of the circuit boards should have small cork squares inserted where the screws are located on the circuit boards.