Thoughts on potential new system?

Just went to a Magnolia Design Center and did some looking and listening. My wife and I started with the Sonus Faber 2.5 and 3.0. 3.0 was a big step up from 2.5, but still not great. (For reference, our stereo system is Magnepan 20.1 with AR Reference 3 and Cary Monoblocks). Anyway, tried the B&W speakers and liked them but my wife's ears found the treble a bit harsh at times. I thought they were good, but a bit sterile and brighter in character. Eventually settled on Sonus Faber Olympia 3 as our favorite. Thinking of the Olympia 2 in a HT setup to save a few dollars. Here is their recommended system with the TV (75" Samsung 8550).

Sonus Faber Olympia 2 fronts, Olympia Center, and some in ceiling rears (necessitated by room, unfortunately).
McIntosh 5 channel amp, 200wpc
Marantz pre/pro
Oppo 105 player
REL S3 sub

Any thoughts? I am pretty confident on the front speakers and the Oppo as being a good versatile player. However, I have never owned McIntosh gear and close to $7k for an amp is not cheap. The Marantz is under $2k so is reasonable. I have a Rel Britannia B1 sub in our stereo system for30hz on down so am pretty happy with Rel tho not so confident on HT use. My main concern is the McIntosh and whether I could get similar or superior performance for fewer dollars.....

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
luvwine
Take a look at the Emotiva XPR-5, 400 watts/ch., 5 channels, $2069. Or join their E-Club for $50 and get it for $1862...

http://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpr-5
I love my 6 channel Mac amp. However, it is a bit "laid back" when compared to some others. It is extremely reliable and never gets harsh or fatiguing.

The 400 watt Emotiva will only get you 3db more and will sound a bit dryer/more neutral (in my opinion).

I'm actually using the Emotiva UMC 200 pre with the Oppo and Mac amp. It sounds great but I definitely prefer to let the Oppo do all of the processing. With that said, I'm sure the Marantz is a nicer piece than my Emotiva pre. BUT, why spend all of the money on the bells and whistles of the Marantz if your Oppo will do all of the work. Having both is probably overkill. My preamp does little more than adjust the volume.

A-Can you lift the Mac amp to get it in the cabinet?
B-Should you spend that much more on an amp than pre? HT Preamps seem to be disposable these days.
C-The Oppo is awesome. I like having a preamp for volume and sometimes other sources.
I've had good luck with Parsound, I own a A-51 five channel amp for my HT, if money is a problem, the A-21 also performs well..much less expensive than the Mac, and very reliable. Sounds like you put together a nice new HT. Which Marantz did you get? Is that the Samsung 4k monitor? Any discussion on 4k content for your new monitor?
Best,
bob
I'd consider one of the Class-D multi-channel amps from Wyred for sound... they will be significantly lighter, much more energy efficient, and will likely sound as good or better than any of the amps mentioned above.

They have a model that offers 5 channels with 221 Wpc into 8ohms or 368 Wpc into 4 ohms for $1999. Unless the other power-hungry amps or the aesthetic appeal of the McIntosh is worth another $5000, of course...
Planning on a Samsung 75" 8550 4K TV. Price is just under $5k. I thought about the 85", but we will only be about 9' away so not realley "needed" and wife thought 85 too big. I am waiting for a quote on rest of system to see how much room they have in pricing. They won't discount the TV, but should give 10% or more on the rest depending on the piece. I think 12% on speakers, but not sure on the electronics (I hope more). The amp is the hardest decision. Thx for the suggestions. Keep me coming! I was trying to stay to $25k but suspect wight the above equipment, I may be looking closer to 30k. This is at the tail end of a major (for us) home renovation. Been bleeding money for the last six months. At least this money will result in more fun than a new roof.....;)