Power Cables for Class D Amplifiers

Do Class D amplifiers that are very efficient, high power, (ie 600 watts at 8 ohms 1110 watts at 4 ohms) require the heavier lower gauge power cords (10, 9, 8 guage) that we see used on the heavy inefficient high power and high current amps? I ask because the stock power cable that came with my Class D amp was even thinner than the usual stock cord. It's something like a 14 gauge power cable! Is a 10 gauge or lower power cable needed in this ampliifier class as it would be in Class A or AB?
foster_9
Here is an update for my amp situation. I was able to acquire Red Dragon M1000 monoblocks and they sound wonderful when paired with Shunyata Venom 3 power cords which are only 14AWG. For me I found no need to get a 10AWG or thicker power cord on my Class D type amps.
Have been running the Shunyata Venom 3 from my Rotel RB1572, (Class D) to PS Audio P10. The P10 runs from a PS Audio AC3 Power cable, (3 Feet) to PS Audio Power Port Classic Outlet. Running Shunyata Snakebite from Superphon CD Maxx, (Preamplifier) to P10. Without changing settings on P10 since connecting these Power Cables for the last 8 months I have noticed a greater 'blackness' for lack of a better way of describing it between tracks and a very lovely decay at the end of particular favourites that I did not either notice prior to the connection of these cables, maybe (placebo) or they have broken in very well.

Purist Audio Design Aquila Digital AC power cord.  Is an incredible sounding power cord for digital stuff, i.e. Class-D amps, PCs, digital cable/satellite boxes, most TVs, gear with using switch mode power supplies, etc.  Aquila Dig AC is amazing.

I definitely noticed a difference when I upgraded my power strip and power cords that feed my class D crown amp. I went from a crappy surge strip to a diy box with 10 awg wire, filtering caps and Hubble non ferrous outlets. That improved the sound. Then I built a 10 awg power cord for the amp and that improved the sound again. I do think the larger diameter wires allow the power to flow more easily, which would make sense since resistance is reduced as conductor diameter increases. With both upgrades I noticed less noise, more dynamics and more/smoother bass.
The only time I investigated this question was regarding my REL sub. REL said they did extensive testing and do not see a benefit in higher gauge or quality cables. I did my own A/B test and did not hear a difference. It may be that a subwoofer is too far outside your question to even bear upon it,  so I mention it in passing.