Amplification Recommendations For Magnepan .7

I am new at this and I am hoping I can get some good advice.  I listened to the Magnepan and fell in love with them.  I've been gearing up to buy them over the last three weeks.  I started reading about them online and I'm seeing that good, powerful amplification is very important to get them to really perform.  At the stereo store I know they were powered by a top flight amp.  So now I have to get an amp/preamp and DAC, integrated amp with DAC or with a separate DAC. I listen to Tidal a good deal.  

The problem is that my budget is limited to around $1200 so I don't know if that can make the cut to get something that can do the speakers justice.  I'm open to buying used.  I would be grateful for any recommendations.  

amritash
Oh yeah, I called and left a message at the stereo store asking what amp they were using.
amritash - How do plan on turning the volume up when you buy an amp ? Do you currently have a stereo ?
Greetings Future Maggie Owner!!!
My first Magnepan was the MG12 ($1100), which was kind of replaced by the .7 model. I upgraded the crossover network parts and the sound was DRAMITICALLY improved over the stock parts! I decided to buy the 1.7 model and I am in the process of doing the same with them. The improvements I made in my MG12's made them every bit as good or better than my 1.7's except the 1.7's (due to larger panel size) will play louder and have more bass slam (but NOT better bass articulation). That's how much improved the better crossover parts helps!
But first, for source and amplification: Over buying is going to be hard to do and under buying in this area is likely going to be more of a concern. Maggies are VERY power hungry. Get a POWER AMP that comes the closest to doubling the wattage with 4 ohm loads. Meaning get one where at 8ohms it is rated at 200 wpc and at 4 ohms it is 350 or 400 wpc. Consider using an affordable receiver (as much power as you can get and one that DRIVES 4 OHM LOADS well) that has PRE-OUT jacks on the back, and then later you can use it as a pre-amp to feed a power amp later, then later still replace the receiver with a really good pre-amp.
I started with a Music Hall Maven receiver, then added a Musical Fidelity A308cr power amp ($1500 used) then later still replaced the Maven with an Audio Research LS26. Heck, a LS2 would be pretty good too, and you can get them here on Agon for a song. The .7 model should do justice with up to $10,000 worth of two channel gear wired up to them. At THAT point you can then start thinking about taking them to the next level with better crossover parts. Have fun with them, I sure am with both pairs of mine.
I hadn't even thought to use my receiver.  Will it work with what I'm trying to accomplish?

Yamaha RX-V675BL 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver
Channels
DAC Type
192 kHz / 24-bit Burr Brown DACs (for all channels)
Rated Power Output
Front L/R: 105 W + 105 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
Front L/R: 90 W + 90 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
Center: 105 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
Surround L/R: 105 W + 105 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
Surround Back L/R: 105 W + 105 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
Dynamic Power
Front L/R (8 ohms): 130 W
Front L/R (6 ohms): 170 W
Front L/R (4 ohms): 200 W
Front L/R (2 ohms): 240 W
Audio Delay
0 - 500 ms (for adjusting Lip-Sync)